sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, February 27, 2004
 

Sweatergirl and the mentholated sweater

Boy, I can't believe how badly this cold has kicked my butt. I just want to put a sign on my car (and my person) that says "Sick and Cranky Pregnant Woman - Approach With Caution - Contents Under Pressure".

I don't know what menthol actually DOES - perhaps it is just a "comfort smell" - but hanging out with the vaporizer and the menthol evaporative stuff seems to help.

I have been working quite a bit on Aberlemno - the pattern seems to be easier now (20 inches into the design?), and Yarns International is kindly sending me further directions for setting the steek. I haven't done a neck steek before, so wanted a bit more handholding.

So here it is - too bad you don't have a scratch-and-sniff monitor, or you would be able to smell the mentholated sweater! Maybe it will acquire healing properties, or maybe it will just make people swing wide when I wear it.

My overstock.com order arrived yesterday, and I had a chance to look through the Green Mountain Spinnery book. I am quite happy with it - lovely photographs and patterns. I have always loved the cover sweater, but think it might be unbearably warm, as a worsted-weight mohair fair isle sweater. There are several other simple sweaters that I would like to make. One of the most helpful features of the book is the table in the back that lists all the sweaters, the gauge, the yarn requiremnets, and the page# for the pattern and alternate colorways. Very useful for the times when you want to make a child's sweater at X gauge, or if you just want to order the right yarn easily.

I had previously made the Rosemary's Middle-Sized Sweater for myself and love it. The pattern is included in the book, but I had bought it as a leaflet. Would anyone like my leaflet pattern? I only have one, and it has been used (corners bent, I know), but it is up for grabs (Leave a note in the comments).

Tomorrow is the MMKG Retreat, and I am looking forward to going for the morning portion. I am going off the no-yarn-pact (which, I realize is totally unofficial) to buy yarn for the Oat Couture Edwardian Carrying Cape. I want to make a little red riding hood, and I don't have any red washable DK-weight yarn. Hopefully, Clever Ewe does!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger