sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, February 06, 2004
 

Sweatergirl - gasp - buys yarn!

I have been making a lot of stash-knitting progress, and I had to go to the YS to replace a broken Brittany DPN, and I had this filled yarn card (meaning I earned $25 free merchandise), and some yarn followed me home...

Lookit what I am going to make for the Bump's first clothed Christmas:

With the little earflap cap. Gotta dress em funny while you have the chance, right? And I have loved the Fana pattern ever since I saw my first glimpse of Knitting in the Old Way.

Here's what I've been up to knitting-wise in the last week or so:

I finished the 5th repeat on St. Brigid, and stuffed it away for a while.

I finished the front of a messy intarsia project (I am doing the back in horizontal stripes). It is actually so messy that I didn't have time to arrange all the ends to get a good pic! Its finishing is due to the first meeting of the MMKG Intarsia Support Group, and I think we should meet again, even though I don't have any intarsia that I want to start. Maybe it should morph into the Difficult and Distasteful Project Support Group?

I also started this little cutie on Sunday. The one-armed sweater. The other sleeve should be finished tonight, then I am adding a garter stitch lace border to the bottom, ala Debbie Bliss. The color is a pale blue-green, but difficult to photograph on my lap!

I love Debbie Bliss, but always thought a lot of her designs tended to be repeats of other designs. I just got the new IK last night, and it seems she publishes 2 books a year, plus the pattern collections for her yarns. Yowsers. So, no wonder. Well, good for her. I was surprised that she had a hard time making a living as a designer, since she is so prolific and had stable book deals. Thanks to all the designers out there giving it a go anyways!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger