sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, February 05, 2004
 

Sweatergirl GETS handmade gifts!

In an exciting and appreciated turn of events, several relatives made gifts for me this year. I was sort of waiting for a slow news day (anyone see West Wing last night?) to share, but I've had lots of slow news days where I just haven't posted (sorry - if anyone is still out there reading!). Anyway - the yearly Christmas KL gripe about unappreciated gifts has passed, but I wanted to share these much-appreciated gifts...

Cool Gift #1: Stockings! Aren't these great? My tree is decorated with lots of fun buttons. Pretty neat, eh?

Cool Gift #2: A knitted shawl/stole! My MIL made this for meeee! It goes with several of my summer wear-to-a-wedding/graduation dresses, and it was really thoughtful that she remembered (maybe I have worn the dresses too often?). This pic shows a detail of the yarn.

Cool Gift #3: A handmade teddy bear! This is for the Bump. I was so touched by this gift. I can just picture the Babe dragging it around (she said she wanted it to be used and loved, not just kept on a shelf, so use it we will!).

Lots of talent in S's family, no? I was really impressed by how lovely all these things were, and with the time and thought involved in choosing and making them. So, not everyone is unappreciative of handmade gifts - you just have to choose the recipients wisely...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger