sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, February 19, 2004
 

Sweatergirl, the know-it-all

Two more months to go. We went on a tour of the hospital last night so that we would know where to check in and such when the time comes. It is also good to know that we are not the only ones who don't really know what we're in for. I mean, even after the tour, I am still not going to be completely comfortable with the whole idea of labor and delivery (LaMaze - 24 hours of screaming like a Ferrari...). At least S knows where they keep the coffeepot now. I slightly feel like it was a big waste of time to tour the place, but hey. And now I know it's only $73/night extra for a private room (if one's available), so even if insurance doesn't cover, I think it's worth it to not have to deal with other people's visiting relatives. Also - they've been doing a lot of remodelling and they don't have a big nursery anymore. Most of the babies stay in the rooms with their moms. They also put an anti-theft-ankle-bracelet on the babe to prevent anyone from leaving the Mother and Baby Center with the kid. Weird. Understandable, but weird. They also have a pantry so you can go grab food throughout the day, instead of just having the three squares. I guess I don't really know what to expect, but I think you can't really know what to expect, so we'll see just how it goes.

Not much knitting - between the tour and S's British Motoring Club meeting, I was relatively beat when I got home. I did try to pick something up, but it involved counting and I gave up. If I'm this tired now, how am I supposed to do any knitting later? My hat's off to you knitting moms.

I read about an interesting guild project that Valerie was involved in - members were given some white wool yarn and were told to make mittens using only that yarn (see Feb. 17 entry). Hers are gorgeous twined mittens, but others dyed the yarn and such. I hope she posts a picture of the group's mittens! I wonder if the MMKG-ers would be interested?




<< Home

Powered by Blogger