sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, February 23, 2004
 

Sweatergirl's survival kit

I spent most of the weekend hunched over a vaporizor reading statistics articles in my overalls. Thank goodness for Breathe Right strips - just discovered today. I can breathe! (Ok - I look horrendously silly, but, hey - I'm already waddling and wearing overalls. I have no pride left to protect.)

I did not, however, let my inability to breathe delay progress on Aberlemno - I made it up to the armhole steeks. Of course, I had to back away from the steam, lest this touchy Shetland yarn decide to felt. Could this pattern be any less useful? Its directions say to put one stitch on a holder and "set steek". I decided this meant to cast on 10 stitches and make them into a steek. But really. Thanks for all the help, Ron Schweitzer. At least I am still thinking the sweater is beautiful! Six more inches until the similarly unhelpful directions for the neck steek.

So - what do I need to get through a weekend cold? French Onion soup, overalls, a box of tissues, a vaporizor, and a very tolerant husband...I made it. But add Breathe Right strips and it might have been a breeze. I hope to be fully functional for next Saturday's MMKG yarn crawl/retreat. It's good to have a goal!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger