sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, March 17, 2004
 

Kiss me; I'm Hungarian

In my grade school, half the kids were Irish, and the other half were Italian. Ok - some were both. And then there was me...Everyone's a little Irish today, I guess, but I think I'd need a swig of Guinness to feel the spirit.

David blogged about carbon nanotube yarn the other day. And then today - I find out that they are already making yarn that contains either talcum powder or ground red pepper (depending on whether you need to be soothed or stimulated). Coming soon to a yarn store near you? What I want to know is - will they be making the infamous willy warmers from this stuff? Red pepper socks as an instrument of torture?

I finally finished ONE sock for my MMKG sock buddy, thanks to some quality knittingtime/storytime at the guild meeting last night. Not with red pepper yarn, but alpaca. Yum. No pics - it's a secret. I hope it fits! We are making socks from measurements; it measures correctly, but still. I also hope I can get the second sock to match.

I've been coding all day - well, revising someone else's undocumented and painful code. Blah. This makes me churlish, since the guy was way overpaid for a) doing it wrong, and 2) not even bothering to name his variables other than Rs1, Var2, etc. This activity has also somehow inspired this incredible urge to buy either yarn - or a patio set. Huh? Maybe both, though I can't carry the patio set myself. Anyhow - perhaps a yarn road trip is in my future for Saturday. Eaton Rapids? Howell? Charlotte? Ann Arbor? Oh, the possibilities. For the locals - if you were shopping for, say, basic DK-weight cotton, where would you go? Perhaps Knit-A-Round so I can talk to the Koigu too - assuming they still carry it?




<< Home

Powered by Blogger