sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, March 04, 2004
 

Sweatergirl and the little sweater that could

Thanks for the compliments, guys! Chris - the cape is really quite quite cute, but a lot of knitting! 17 inches on the bottom capelet, then another (shorter) capelet, then a hood! Whew!

But look what grew overnight!

I didn't really need to study for that stats test anyway...I got myself intrigued to see how the cables would turn out if I carried the chenille-y stuff in the background. It was a bit of a pain to do (take 3 stiches off the needle - one crosses from the left to the right, one crosses from the right to the left, and the chenille one has to stay in the back and in the center), but it's a small sweater with few cables, so doable.

And nearly overnight - my daffodil shoots shot above the ground, and there's no snow left to hide them! Very exciting. Time to start thinking about another PicKnit for the summer? (More orange and green?)

Perhaps I do like orange and green together - check out the socks of the day! So it's not just hormones.

Yarns International sent me more directions for the steeks in Aberlemno, so I may get back to that tonight, but, gee - it's really tempting to finish the little green sweater...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger