sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, March 24, 2004
 

Sweatergirl's new favorite yarn

I am insanely disloyal, and perhaps have posted a "my favorite yarn" declaration here 10 times in the past year. But my new favorite has got to be Dale Baby Ull. I dismissed others' declarations of unending love for this stuff, thinking, frankly, they were nuts. It's tiny, it's expensive, etc. And the only thing I had ever tried to use it for was a pair of black, textured gloves, and I had only tried to knit them in a darkened sound booth on size 0 metal dpns. Hey, no one ever said I had to be fair in my opinions/testing methods.

Here's my current project - a little tiny Fana hat with earflaps:

One strap left to go. I do reserve a little bit of commitment to this yarn until I wash it and see if I can get the fold lines/hem to work correctly. But the knitting has been lso smooth and pleasant, despite the too-tiny-for-Tracy needles. In fact, this is the second rendition, since my gauge was a bit too tight on the first go-round.

Next Baby Ull project - a matching sweater. I'm thinking Christmas photos. We'll see if the love endures through a longer-than-one-week project.

In more baby news, some wonderful friends came over this weekend and threw me a semi-surprise shower. It was the sweetest thing, and the Bump received some lovely lovely gifts. I am slightly glad to be far from the grandparents-to-be right now, but very happy to have such wonderful people nearby!

And even more baby news (boy - this is quite a pterrn, no?) - I had been worried because I hadn't been having any Braxton-Hicks contractions, and "everyone else" does. I asked the doctor while she was doing the heartbeat thing, and she told me I was having one right then - didn't I notice? Nope. Not at all - weird. So here's hoping that the real thing is not so bad. (Please, please, don't squash my hopes! It's keeping one source of stress away in these final weeks of waiting/working overtime/organizing.)

And in non-baby news: I am soooo looking forward to dinner out tonight! Yum.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger