sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
 

Sweatergirl's short attention span

Since I last wrote, I finished (and washed) the little green sweater. I lied. The chenille/wool mix (Harrisville's Jasmine) doesn't worm, but does bias. A bit. I'm ok with it for this project, but just an FYI. You can see it in this pic in the ribbing at the bottom of the sweater.

I feel like I am just jumping from project to project. Since I last updated:

  • I knitted one cashmere lace baby bootie that cannot possibly fit a human being - even a small one.
  • I worked the 7th repeat on the pack of St. Brigid. Halfway through that repeat.
  • I worked on Aberlemno - 4 inches into the armhole steek - 2 inches to the start of the front neck steek.
  • I got another inch or two done on the the Red Riding Cape.
  • I pulled out an abandoned baby project in Snowflake DK (oh, how I hate knitting with this yarn (and am positively dreading seaming it) - but I do like the feel of the finished project!).
  • I tried to buy Fun Fur at JoAnn's - but they were sold out!
  • I've been avoiding reading my book club book (Mutant Message Down Under - sounds sappy) by reading "Lives of Girls and Women" by Alice Munro - which I am really enjoying.
  • I gave the hubster my cold.

    So - no significant progress on anything, except passing on the cold. Lack of sleep continues - this time from his coughing fits. I hope I didn't pass on to the knitters, but they don't store their toothbrushes near mine, so I am hopeful. This is all preparation for waking every 2 hours with the babe, I am sure.

    As for the bootie - well, I think I will knit another frame in shadow boxes for the grandmothers. With a little cross-stitch with the kid's name and birthday. Not that I have successfully charted a cross-stitch before, but feeling confident. Heck, if they are going to let me loose with a kid, what harm can a little needle and thread do?




  • << Home

    Powered by Blogger