sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, April 01, 2004
 

And now for something completely different.

Poisson d'Avril - I remember very little from high school French, but I do remember this silly tradition (culturally insensitive. sorry, but it is silly.) of sticking a paper fish on someone's back on April 1. Eh - it was a girls' school - what did we care? 'Twas better to have a better-looking fish to stick, however. And the kids in Spanish class thought we French-takers were nuts anyway.

Lately, when I haven't been able to sleep, I've been picking up St. Brigid and knitting a row or two. Knocks me right out. Because I have to concentrate on the pattern just enough to stop obsessing about whatever had been keeping me up (baby stuff, school stuff, or work stuff...). This morning I realized that I am only five rows from finishing the back! This has been a multi-year sweater, and I've finished both sleeves (well, up to the saddle). So it is quite exciting that I may be able to start the front this weekend.

Ok, and in baby silliness, It's now officially 2 weeks till the due date. I can't wait to meet this kid. April 1 is another "magic date", where all along I have been telling myself that she'll be here anytime in April. Of course, she may take that as April 30 instead of sooner...Anyhow - a diamond birthstone will be nice for a mother's ring someday, no? Better than aquamarine (March).




<< Home

Powered by Blogger