sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, April 08, 2004
 

Sweatergirl joins the parade

So, how cute are all these crocheted flowers popping up on blogs? You've seen them on Action Hero, on my mind, Step Into My Thimble, and now...HERE!

I got the pattern from here, thanks to Heidi. Hers, form the April 7 entry, is what finally made me pull out the hook. I guess I forgot how not good I am at crocheting. I only know the rudiments, and I never got the hang of how to hold the yarn and hook, and I think my cheap crochet hooks definitely slowed me down - hard to get through the right loops. This little flower took me an hour - which seems far too long. It is supposed to get two more ruffly layers - we will see about that. If I hadn't told you, and you hadn't seen Heidi's lovely flower, would you have known it was incomplete?

Thank goodness for the crochet insert in the most recent IK - I had forgotten my stitches totally. Boy - it's pitiful.

I'm sorry if I forgot where else I've seen them in the blogiverse - leave me a comment and I will link to you too!

Now just a week until d-day....I am refusing to acknowledge the fact by refusing to pack my bag. Hmm.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger