sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
 

An essay on...my so-called life

Not much knitting - though I knit black stockinette until I needed to ball another skein and the muenchkin had decided that it was time to eat. Hard to stop with the deskeining halfway.

So what have I been doing? Well, working about 4 hours a day, some with the kiddo on my lap, some with her nearby like this:

Also been shopping for a house. I think S and I have finally admitted (after living here 8 years) that we are probably not leaving anytime soon. So we might as well look for a more grown-up house with a bit more space (since we both have hobbies that consume a lot of space - mine is collecting yarn, and his is collecting cars - maybe I should put the yarn IN the cars?). House-shopping is quite stressful - I don't like looking at how other people live, and I dread the idea of other people looking at the way I live. And it will also be sad to think of someone else living in "our" house. Also stressful because the only house that we've both liked so far had a strange septic system that had an alarm going off while we were there - hmm. Not encouraging. I'd like to flush and have stuff go away, not tell me that it is in a tank in the backyard ready to overflow.

Happily, I got to spend Saturday getting destressed, detressed, and generally dolled up at a local salon - my sister sent me a gift card to use after the bebe was born, and I reached a Weight Watchers goal, so I decided it was time. I am always a bit wary of getting my hair cut; it always looks good when they style it, but I am not so into actually styling it myself (eye-hand coordination problems, and a slight moral opposition to hairdryers). But this cut actually seems to work for me - wow. This is the first time that I pointed at a magazine picture and actually got hair that looks decent (I still don't look like Julia Stiles, but...) They also picked out the perfect lipstick for me - I was amazed. I am also not an everyday lipstick-wearer, but this one was pretty darn good - maybe I will start with one-day-a-week-lipstick-wearing. Can you go halfway like that, or will people think you look sick on the non-lipstick days? Can you tell I missed out on the girly years? Who is going to train the little one in this stuff? I am obviously incompetent, as demonstrated by the fact that I got a manicure then proceeded to paint and stain molding the next day. Hopeless, I am. At least I can teach her to knit. And to not worry about her nails!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger