sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, June 04, 2004
 

Sheepish Sweatergirl

Still here, just busy being in love. This kid thing is great; this mom thing is great...E is a very content baby, an "easy" baby. She smiles and sort of giggles now - very fun. She knows my voice from across the room. And I slept through the night last night; I hope she did too! I might have just been too tired to hear her? But I felt much more awake this AM.

I've done very little knitting:

A pair of too-small Koigu booties which might already be lost!

A bit of Fuzzy's Christmas sweater

A bitty bit of her Union Jack sweater, for wearing to the British Motoring Club events

One front of a cardigan from Miss Bea's Playtime

Umm - cut and ripped out the bottom of Anjuli to shorten it. Reknitting the bottom band - then the front bands will need to be redone. This is the neverending sweater. No great pics of the process, however. But it is not too hard, and I am thinking of other projects that need to be lengthened/shortened.

Also, a few more rows of St. Brigid - navy, hard to photograph, boring to blog about. I need to see TrixieChick's completed St. Brigid again to be re-inspired.

Sadly, I missed seeing Rob and Matt on their whirlwind tour up north. Both sides of the family were in town for Fuzzy's baptism. We all survived. One of us slept through it.

Awww. Ain't she precious?

I spent some time at the Yarn Garden in Charlotte today. The new space is fabulous. I am very intrigued by Harrisville's Shetland sportweight - not sure what to make with it though, so left it at the shop. I did buy two balls of Encore for a baby Wallaby and two balls of Cotton Classic for the Union Jack sweater. But that no-yarn-pact is officially finished - finally. Not that Sarah or I did very well with it...(Check those sidebars - whew! Just imagine if we hadn't had the pact to slow us down?)

And just because I am infatuated:

I think we'll keep her!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger