sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, June 14, 2004
 

Sweatergirl's ray of sunshine

This is a "Sunshine Hat", in sunshine yellow (even I am suggestible, making things in suggested colors - and this is my pattern!) Trying to follow my own pattern made me make a few minor changes (join into a round - but I didn't say to K 1 round plain? What a nut.) Anyway, Fuzzy is a few months younger than the original recipient, and it's summer, so this hat is smaller and made of cotton. It will also need some chin straps to stay on (don't know if this is a function of head shape/size or the fact that it is cotton/not wool).

So the little girl is two months old, as of Saturday. Before she was born, I had never:

  • picked someone else's nose,
  • planned shopping and errands around stroller/handicapped accessibility,
  • read Goodnight, Moon (really!),
  • considered a five-hour block of sleep a good night's sleep,
  • thought of the smell of sour milk as homey,
  • wanted to be with someone 24-7,
  • smiled so much, or
  • realized how fun being a mom would be.

    It is really cool to watch her growing and learning and changing. I hope I still think she's this wonderful in 13 years...although I am sure she won't wear a hat like this in 13 years!




  • << Home

    Powered by Blogger