sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, June 21, 2004
 

Sweatergirl's summer knitting

I love watching all these summer tees and tanks and camisoles appearing on blogs. However, I hope to lose 30 more pounds over the next year or so, and I don't want to knit something that won't (hopefully) fit next summer. So here's the Union Jack sweater front:

I guess this sweater is big enough that it might fit someone who doesn't mind revealing her belly in public and having vey short, fitted sleeves. Debbie Bliss's kid sweaters are notoriously baggy. On kids. Probably tight on adults.

I've started the back and am 23 rows in - I seem to have a knack for picking non-photogenic projects, as it is just black. Black Cotton Classic in stockinette. The only interesting part of this sweater left is - sleeves top-down and attached? Or bottom up? I am leaning toward top-down so that they are easy to lengthen or shorten - though I don't really believe I will do that, particularly once it is washed a few times and the cotton yarn wears in. But it does lessen the number of seams...

St. Brigid in navy is my other non-photogenic project. Boy. I am going to need to find a guest knitter if I want to post any knitting pics.

And, in today's baby picture, you will see the little one wearing a lovely light aqua cardigan with a lace border, made back in February. Oh yeah, with her dad. And with The Cider House Rules on the TV in the background - doh!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger