sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, September 16, 2004
 

Angst update

Excuse the angst! I finally got to sit down and get my job sorted out, so as of October 1, my life gets much, much better. And I will get to see at least one kid for a lot more hours of the day. I'll be in the office two half-days, and working as needed from home. This is what I had hoped for - I don't want to leave the office in a lurch, as we are near to completing several projects, and I think I just got a new one funded. But I want to spend most of my time raising Baby E. I was reading an old Piecework last night, and there is an excerpt from "How to Make an American Quilt", which I should probably read.

"I used to be a young scholar", she muses, "I am now an engaged woman. Not that you cannot be both - even I understand that - yet I cannot fathom who I think I am at this time."

I just have to get my self-identity re-aligned. And, by the way, I took Baby E to the bar last night for the car club meeting. And also took my knitting. So there.

And now for some knitting!

Anyway - I am going to be an aunt for the first time - very exciting. Strangely enough, this baby's due date is the same as Baby E's due date, but a year later (of course). This baby will be born in NYC, so I cranked this little fulled number out:

I am not a very good counted cross-stitcher, so the embroidery took about as much time to put together as the hat itself. But, at the same time, I was feeling Joe-Pa's pain, watching Penn State lose to Boston College (so sad!), so I may not have been stitching most efficiently.

In other knitting news, Marcia C. is hosting a Fair Isling group at ThreadBear, which inspired me to pull out Aberlemno.

This is not a new image, but I only added 3 or 4 rows. But it is now back on the "projects I'm working on" mental list. Thanks, Marcia! Thanks, boys! It is great to have a place to meet for this kind of thing.

And, for all you local knitters, I am leading a gansey study group at ThreadBear. Fourth Saturday of every month (starting September 25), 10:30AM-12:30ish. We'll be working through Beth Brown Reinsel's book "Knitting Ganseys", and making the sampler gansey. It's free, but you have to have the book - Beth's quite reasonable request! The boys will have copies soon, but if you already have a copy, you can use that. So, come, make a gansey! And learn all sorts of things, from wacky cast-ons to neck gussets.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger