sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, September 15, 2004
 

Just me again

Well, just me and the Sweaterbaby. She is still quite portable, so she pretty much goes everywhere I go, except work (see Sarah's blog - she even goes places I can't go - though olive green is sooo not her color!). Now, sometimes I wonder if I should take her everywhere or not. Where is it inappropriate to take a baby? She's been to Weight Watchers and ThreadBear and various knitting groups. In fact, the one time I didn't take her to book club, the ladies all grumped at me. I assume as she gets more mobile, this'll peter out a bit, but then, I might choose not to go certain places? Will people tell me when it's time to leave her home? Perhaps in the future I might be glad to have a night off, but I'm not sure. We shall see.

I am realizing how odd it is that I rarely see children in everyday life. Mostly only when I go out for ice cream or head to the supermarket mid-day. Well, and now at the kiddie corral/day care when I go to play with Baby E. I just think it is strange that we can espouse that "it takes a village", and then create policies and practices that sequester kids away in centers/schools, totally separate from most of "adult" life. I will not be working full-time for much longer, and I am really looking forward to getting to spend even more time with Baby E.

Tune in tomorrow for - gasp! - knitting pictures...really!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger