sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Tuesday, September 07, 2004
 

Sweatergirl asks: Are we there yet?

Is there a knitblog record for the number of times an item has been declared finished, or "finished, except"? I may be close with Anjuli! I had finished it, and worn it (in March), but decided it was too long. So, with Sarah's help and guidance, I cut off the bottom and reknit the bottom band. I bound that off last Tuesday, EXCEPT - I still needed to pick up and knit the front bands, which I had ripped off to redo the length. Now those are done, and it is finished, EXCEPT for sewing on one more button, which I had to remove for the length-shortening thing, and then put in a very safe place, and now can't find. But I did sew in the few ends generated by the rebanding. So it is finished EXCEPT for one button on the bottom - and perhaps that is as finished as it shall ever be. SO perhaps it is time to wash/block.

Also disappointingly unfinshed - the little lavender sweater for Baby E - one sleeve is attached, but not seamed, and the other remains unattached. Buttons are also not attached. Remind me that there are many, many steps before declaring something "finished"!

Anyway - I wanted to finish all these not-quite-finsihed projects to clear the deck for Celtic Dreams, a Beth Brown-reinsel sweater, for Sarah's knitalong (she's the host, since she's got the button coming!). Maybe you could just tell me it's ok to start Dreaming anyway?

On top of that, I am going to be leading a Gansey Study Group at ThreadBear. It's based on Beth Brown-Reinsel's book Knitting Ganseys, and I need to get working on that as well. I've made the little sampler gansey, but need to find it, and want to go back and do some of the alternate cast-ons, etc...So that's a "need-to-start" thing that I need room in my knitting bag for (for which I need room in my knitting bag?). But just a little room - it's a tiny little sampler!

But I really just want to start Dreaming...that's ok, right?




<< Home

Powered by Blogger