sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, September 13, 2004
 

Sweatergirl surrenders

A pitched battle waged all weekend, as I tried with all my might to coerce the Cashmerino Aran into something resembling the recommended gauge (18/24). On 8s, too tight. On 9s, too loose. And yet - I sorta thought it was too drapey on the 8s to start with. What's a girl to do? I think I am giving up the dream of making Celtic Dreams from this lovely yarn...although somehow CarolineF did a great job with this combo!

So I searched the basement (the stash confinement zone) for a likely candidate for the sweater I would so dearly like to have. Aha! A nice brown tweed that I had been saving for something wonderful. And right on gauge. Whew! But then...I just decided that I don't want another tweedy aran right now (cf the Old Friend Aran, which was completed just last fall, just in time to be temporarily grown out of). Nor another brown sweater right now. Booooring. Hmm.

So, for now, I surrender. Shall I ever achieve these Celtic Dreams? Not in the near future...but someday, perhaps.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger